When a script called for Egyptian back-up singers for a song about Moses, we were able to pull the shirts from our costume inventory, but we needed 6 Egyptian headpieces in a hurry. This is what I came up with… hugs, V-
The materials needed include
your sewing machine (you could use iron-on hemming tape if you prefer)
a hot-glue gun and glue sticks for it
some heavy-weight interfacing
10″ of decorative trim
a girl’s plastic head band
a yard of striped fabric
some fun foam to cut out a cobra decoration
Here are the steps I followed:
1. Hem the edges of the square of fabric.
2. cut an 8″ x 4″ piece of interfacing and iron, hot-glue, or sew it to the center edge of the fabric. (see diagram below)
3. hot glue the interfacing/fabric to the headband
4. hot glue the trim onto the head-piece
5. cut out the cobra shape from the fun foam and hot glue it to the head-piece
Egyptian headpiece requirements
attach the interfacing and headband. Note the direction of the stripes.
Attach the trim and the cobra cut-out.
Notice the headband is worn across the forehead. The ears keep it from falling over the eyes.